Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tarnished Spring: A Final Farewell.

I have had these photographs developed for some time now and I have not been able to look at them. Today, I decided to face them. Questioning what was caught on that film was burrowing a hole in myself. These are from Easter Sunday spent at my favorite place, a place that is no longer truly mine.



I think it is important to face your feelings and your thoughts directly when facing something hard, whether it be rejection, failure, or heart break. These photographs were taken at my now ex-love's family home. The weather was perfect, first signs of Spring.



I'm heartbroken, as tears roll down my face, an action I have become accustomed to in these past weeks. I have learned sometimes it is better to trust your head and your instincts before trusting your heart. I have lost a best friend and my favorite muse. I think it is important to still share these photographs because they are beautiful ones.



I hope one day I will be able to be to trust him again and maybe a friendship will be able to stand in place of what once was. For now, I'm learning to be a little selfish. I need to be in order to heal. I know that everyone goes through breakups and betrayals. It doesn't help that you can't just turn the love off. I know time will help heal the heart, but right now, I'm just feeling a little lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment