Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm now a Swapaholic!


I am now a swapaholic! My friend Amy, who is an avid and stylish fashion blogger, told me about this great group of bloggers who started their take on a swap meet in Massachusetts.

My first Swapaholics event I attended was on a Thursday night in Boston at this great art space. Having never been to an event before, I brought my good friend Livvie along for moral support, as I was a bit nervous. We got a little lost on the way, but the prime parking spot made up for it. We arrived with a bag of clothes that we wanted to recycle. We handed the bag over to the some of the fashionable people in charge and in turn we got a recyclable bag to be filled with goodies. There was free beer and delicious red velvet cupcakes. We made some fantastic friends while we waited for the meet to start. Everyone was excited and there were many nervous first time swappers just like us!

At eight-thirty, the time had come. All of a sudden there was a mad dash into the next room. There were tables set up according to the clothing item and beautiful dresses and skirts gallore hanging on racks. There were shoes outlining the walls calling for new feet to fill them.

(I'm on the left digging through that pile of tees! Fashion chaos!)

Amy gave me some advice. Go for the racks first and don't pay attention too much to sizes. If it doesn't fit, you can always bring it to the next swap. Livvie and I said as long as we went home with one thing that we loved, then the trip was a success. We both went home with some treasures, but nothing can beat the fashionable girls we got to meet. I will definitely be going to another swap meet soon. You never know what you're going to find!

(Myself, Livvie and blogger Nina.)

I can't wait to show you some of the stuff I walked away with from the swap! More posts to come!


All pictures from the Swapaholics facebook page.

3 comments:

  1. These events always look like a blast. I wish I lived nearby so I could join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brynna. Please check out their website! They have a list of swap meets in different cities and states all over the country and they are constantly updating the events. Plus, if you have some vacation time, like Nina did, you should come visit Boston on a date where there is a meet and fall in love with the city!

    <3
    Moss and Ferns

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you came! can't wait to see what you ended up with.
    www.stylishyear.com

    ReplyDelete